At THE RIDING SCHOOL, (TRS) young people thrive in a positive learning environment as they develop into responsible, caring and contributing members of our society. Horsemanship is full of valuable life-long benefits for your child, here are some of the benefits:
- Kids tend to stay out of trouble focusing their attention on the horse rather than "hanging out" and spending hours on a cell phone or sitting at the computer or in front of the T.V. They form great friendships with other kids at the barn.
- Riding is an Outdoor Sport where physical fitness, agility, coordination and balance all contribute to the success and advancement of the rider.
- The Barn is a Screen Free environment! Cell phones, computers and T.V. time must be left behind when working with horses. Student's cell phones are put away in a locker while they are riding in a lesson, attending a horsemanship class, volunteering or practicing on their own horse. The instructors have their cell phones with them at all times in the event a call is needed.
- Students learn to state their goals and achieve them by learning to be mindful, focused, decisive, coachable and disciplined. Riders learn to spend the time and do the work needed to reach their personal goals.
- Riding instills self-confidence, discipline, patience, responsibility, consistency and self-reliance.
- Teamwork, good sportsmanship, respect and support of others, along with kindness and empathy are all developed with group lessons, joining our horse show team, or volunteering to help at a Day Camp or with chores to care for the horses.
- Showing Horses is a testing ground to be humble with winning and to push forward and learn from mistakes or failures when things get tough. Life isn't always perfect. Lessons along with competition teach students how to handle life's ups and downs. They learn how to self-regulate emotions and push on.
- Lessons and training always emphasize kindness and compassion towards the horses, as well as each other. Students learn that the horses depend on us to feed, groom and shelter them. Our riders treat horses, each other and their instructors with respect and empathy. The horses and instructors teach our students that they can be decisive and assertive while being kind and respectful at the same time.
Horses are magnificent, beautiful and some say magical creatures. I've seen the power of horses in shaping and transforming a rider's view of themselves, their families and community in a very positive way. Being involved in a Riding Lesson Program is a proven activity to help children grow in the right direction.
Thank you for considering The Riding School programs for your child. If you'd like to schedule a tour of The Riding School, please contact me either by Facebook Messenger or my email. I'm happy to answer any questions you have.
The Riding School
Owner, Instructor, Coach
Message me through my facebook page;
The Riding School - find us easily by typing in your search bar: @learnhuntseat